Sunday, October 17, 2010

Memoir 2

        This past summer I went to Bayfield, Wisconsin. I went with my family. The Bayfield, WI area is known for its orchids, shopping, and sightseeing. The area is mostly well known for the Apostle Islands which are very close as well.

         One of the highlights on our trip was the Island Princess Cruise. The cruise was one big, red boat that takes you on a 55 mile tour around the Apostle Islands for about three hours. In all there is twenty-two islands. The islands are located on Lake Superior. Once my family boarded onto the cruise, we sat down in our red, leather seats and got our charged cameras ready to take pictures. Soon after, we sailed off on our way to the islands. I got bored quickly so I got some concessions on the boat. Once we got to the islands, they were so cool with the alluring shorelines! Each island had something unique about them.

         I thought the most interesting island was Devils Island. It had extensive sea caves. The rock on the edges of the majestic caves were beautiful with different colors of rock and unique textures on each one. In the caves there was clear, radiant, blue water. The water sparkled with every angle of light from the glistening sun. There was also a historic lighthouse on the island. The lighthouse was white and filled with eager people to see the view from inside.

        I took so many breathtaking pictures I can’t even count! It was inspiring and scenic! The beauty of the islands was extraordinary! My trip to Bayfield, Wisconsin was also very adventurous! I wouldn’t mind going back there someday and making more memories. I had a very good time exploring the Apostle Islands with my family.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you said there was clear, radiant, blue waters. The water sparkled with every angle of light from the glistening sun. Really good describing. But try to explain a few other things while your writing also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you said there were breathtaking pictures. but maybe describe one. otherwise good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your language! At the end, you could use different words other than "very good."

    ReplyDelete